The most energetic magnetic fields are usually emitted from high voltage transmission lines — the power lines on the big, tall metal towers.
The waves from power lines have a much lower frequency than other types of EMR, such as radio waves, microwaves, or gamma rays. However, a low-frequency wave does not necessarily mean that it is low energy.
Working Principle of Power Lines
EMR related to power lines is a type of low-frequency non-ionizing radiation. Electric charges generate electric fields, and the flow of electrical current produces magnetic fields through wires or electrical devices. Because of this, low-frequency EMR is found close to electrical sources, for instance, power lines. As current travels through a power line, it devises a magnetic field known as an electromagnetic field. The strength of the EMF corresponds to the amount of electrical current going through the power line and reduces as you move away. Therefore, the exposure to an electromagnetic field you would receive from a power line decreases with distance.
Dangers of living near power lines
Electromagnetic radiation from high energy power lines can affect the health of people in urban and rural communities.
- Though substantial risks are not present, the possibility of a relatively small risk cannot be conclusively excluded.
- Childhood leukemia as a health outcome of EMF exposure has used measured and calculated magnetic fields, as well as the distance of homes to power lines, as an exposure measure.
- There is enough evidence to prove that living near power lines leads to plenty of health issues, fertility problems, and cancer.
Other short-term health issues that are faced daily are :
- Prickling and burning skin
- Muscle pain
Safe Distance for Living near Power Lines
EMF can vary greatly depending upon the situation. Therefore, a safe distance from power lines cannot be stated.
However, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration suggests that at least a distance of 10 feet be kept from power lines with voltages up to 50kV.
Measures to ensure Safety
- Increase the distance between the source and yourself.
- Limit the time spent around the source.
- Reduce all other sources of radiation, precisely in the bedroom, to attempt to make the burden as little as possible.
- There are products available in the market such as-
- GeoResonators– These are an excellent solution for clearing and balancing the earth’s energy in yards, farms, parks, and neighborhoods. Because deadly earth radiation can have a negative impact outside as well as inside, GeoResonators provide an essential level of protection. They clear geopathic stress zones and, they immediately reverberate with each other when planted in the four corners of an area, infusing the treated area with a healing, life-supporting energy field.
Living near power lines is still a debatable topic, and no particular endpoint has been reached, but keeping away from potential threats is also a measure of Safety that should be followed to stay away from unnecessary troubles in the future. Low EMF radiating devices also harm in the long run and should always be taken seriously.